- About SBDC
- Calendar & Photos
- Office Locations
- Resource Library
- Programs & Services
NH Inspires Innovation
NH's SBIR Program
NH Inspires Innovation is a collaboration between the NH Innovation Research Center and the NH Small Business Development Center designed to bring SBIR grant information and advising to NH companies and increase opportunities for growth of federal- and state-funded research partnerships.Over $2 billion no cost federal funding is available to stimulate technology innovation and commercialization in the U.S. Each federal agency is required to set aside funds from their R&D budgets for Small Business Innovation Research grants and Small Business Technology Transfer grants.
We can help you get some insight into what these grants are all about!
We can also provide you time to meet one-on-one with experts who can help you develop a successful proposal.
First, the eligibility requirements:
- Does your company have <500 employees?
- Is your company 51% owned by individuals who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents?
- Is your company independently operated?
If you answer YES to all of the above, then your company may be eligible to apply for an SBIR grant.
- To work through a specific federal agency's SBIR grant requirements and process, register for the appropriate proposal workshop, presented by BBC Entreprenurial Training & Consulting. Upcoming workshops focus on SBIR proposal preparation to the National Science Foundation, the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, and the National Institutes of Health.
- To meet with an expert SBIR consultant and/or an SBDC SBIR business advisor about your company and your SBIR proposal, email Gretchen Smith about an eligibility assessment. We can help you assess your company's readiness to submit an SBIR proposal or assess a SBIR proposal you already have in process.
If you have questions about the NH Inspires Innovation program, please email Gretchen Smith.
2014 Workshop Dates
Click on the workshop name for workshop description, more info and to register.
July 14 & 15, 2014 – How to Write an SBIR/STTR Proposal for National Institutes of Health
7/14 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. & 7/15 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Lebanon
Presenters: Lisa Kurek, Becky Aistrup, BCC, etc. Ann Arbor, MI